1 Clove of garlic (White) crushed / 150g Arborio rice
20g Parmesan cheese grated / 750ml Chicken stock
½ Red pepper deseeded & sliced / 30g Frozen peas
30g Frozen sweetcorn
30g butter unsalted & sliced thinly. Return to the fridge until needed
Salt & Pepper to taste. Grated parmesan to serve.
1. Add the oil to a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot add the chorizo and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add the onion and fry until light brown in colour. About 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the black and white garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Mix in the rice until completely coated with the oil. This should take no longer than 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add about 200ml of stock mixing well with the rice. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Squash the black garlic into the rice to try to get it to start to dissolve. If you can’t don’t worry. It might need more time with the hot stock.
5. When the stock has almost completely been absorbed by the rice, add 100ml more along with the sliced red pepper and mix well. When the stock has gone again, add the peas & sweetcorn and a bit more stock. Keep adding the stock a little at a time until it stops being absorbed.
6. Turn off the heat. Mix in the parmesan & season. Slowly fold in the butter until it is completely melted. Served with some grated parmesan if required.
Win a £5 Voucher
Every month we give you the chance to win a £5 voucher to spend with us at The Cooking Plumber. All you have to do is share a photo of a dish that you've made using one of our products on social media, naming the product and tagging @thecookingplumber. You will then be automatically entered into the draw at the end of that month.