2. The data we process
We may process the following data about you:
- Your identity, including your name and title
- Your contact information, including your delivery address, email address and telephone number
- Transaction data, including information about products that you have purchased from us
- Technical data, including your IP address, browser type and version and operating system
- Your account profile, including information such as your username and password, purchases made by you and survey responses
- Marketing data, including your marketing and communication preferences
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform that contract. We will notify you if that is the case.
Please note that payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of our ecommerce provider Shopify (https://www.shopify.com). That page may be branded to look like a page on our website but it is not controlled by us.
3. The bases on which we process your data
The law requires us to determine under which bases we process different categories of personal information and to notify you of the basis for each category. These are as follows:
Information we process with your consent
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product from us or otherwise agree to our Terms and Conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process your data on this basis for the purposes of record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business.
Information we process because we have a legal obligatio
We may sometimes need to process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation e.g. a court order.
4. How we protect your data
We take the issue of data privacy very seriously and regularly monitor our systems to ensure full compliance with this policy. We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate to secure access to our website and encrypt any data that you give us.
5. Who we share your data with
Except as set out below, we do not share, sell or disclose any information collected through our website to any third party, including the suppliers listed on our site.
To assist in combating fraud, we may share information with credit reference agencies, in so far as it relates to customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
6. How long we keep your data for
We do not keep the personal data that we process for any purpose for any longer than is necessary for that purpose. The longest we normally hold any data for is 6 years.
7. Where your data may be processed
Our website is hosted in the UK. From time to time, we may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union in other aspects of our business. Whenever this is the case, we take steps to ensure that your data receives the same level of protection as if it were processed inside the European Union.
8. Your rights
You have the right to all of the following:
- to request access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge
- to request the correction of your personal data when incorrect or incomplete
- to request that we delete personal data about you where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it
- whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, to withdraw that consent at any time by notifying us in writing at email@example.com
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete your personal data, for security reasons, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before taking any action.
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or other devices by your web browser when you visit a website.
- to track how our web pages are used and use that analysis to improve the functionality of our site (through the use of Google Analytics)
- to help us display advertisements that will be relevant to you
- to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns to monitor the success of our offers and campaigns
10. Links to other websites
We take the issue of data privacy very seriously but if you are unhappy with how we have handled your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint)
12. Policy updates
We regularly review this policy. It was last updated in August 2020
13. Our Details
This website is owned and operated by Peter Heritage, trading as the Cooking Plumber. The registered office is The Cooking Plumber, Brockington Rd, Bodenham, Herefordshire, HR1 3LP.