Black Chicken Curry
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 Tbsp of oil
2 Chicken breasts cut into chunks (500g, preferably from a good butcher)
I Tbsp Tamarind (or 1 Tbsp lemon juice)
1/2 tsp salt
15g Ginger paste (20mm ginger pounded in a pestle & mortar)
15g Garlic paste (5 garlic cloves mashed)
3 Cardamom pods split & seeds removed
Pinch of Fox's Spices Cinnamon powder ( 20mm Cinnamon stick)
1.5 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Red onion thinly sliced
1 Green chilli chopped & seeds removed (if more heat required, leave them in)
250ml Chicken stock (1 Cup)
1. Add the chicken to a bowl and mix in the chilli powder, turmeric, tamarind & salt. Mix until the chicken is completely coated. Leave for at least 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl mix the ginger, garlic, cardamom seeds & cinnamon into a paste and set aside until needed.
3. Add the oil to a medium sized pan over a medium to high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, green chilli & curry leaves. Lightly stir-fry for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the paste & Kalu Kudu spice mix for 2 minutes.
5. Add the marinated chicken & mix well with the rest of the pan for five minutes.
6. Mix in the stock & bring to a boil. Cover with a lid & reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and you are ready to serve.
Serve with rice or flat breads.
Every month we give you the chance to WIN A £5 VOUCHER to spend with us at The Cooking Plumber. All you have to do is share a photo of a dish that you've made using one of our products on social media, naming the product and tagging @thecookingplumber. You will then be automatically entered into the draw at the end of that month.