Ingredients (serves 2)
1 Tbsp of oil
2 Chicken breasts cut into chunks (500g, preferably from a good butcher)
1/2 tsp Fox's Spices chilli powder (Brazilian)
1 tsp Fox's Spices turmeric powder
I Tbsp Tamarind (or 1 Tbsp lemon juice)
1/2 tsp salt
15g Ginger paste (20mm ginger pounded in a pestle & mortar)
15g Garlic paste (5 garlic cloves mashed)
3 Cardamom pods split & seeds removed
Pinch of Fox's Spices Cinnamon powder ( 20mm Cinnamon stick)
1.5 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Red onion thinly sliced
1 Green chilli chopped & seeds removed (if more heat required, leave them in)
10 Fox's Spices curry leaves
2 Tbsp Ceylon 35 Kalu kudu spice mix
250ml chicken stock (1 Cup)
1. Add the chicken to a bowl and mix in the chilli powder, turmeric, tamarind & salt. Mix until the chicken is completely coated. Leave for at least 20 minutes.
2. In a small bowl mix the ginger, garlic, cardamom seeds & cinnamon into a paste and set aside until needed.
3. Add the oil to a medium sized pan over a medium to high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, green chilli & curry leaves. Lightly stir-fry for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the paste & Kalu Kudu spice mix for 2 minutes.
5. Add the marinated chicken & mix well with the rest of the pan for five minutes.
6. Mix in the stock & bring to a boil. Cover with a lid & reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and you are ready to serve.
Serve with rice or flat breads.
Win a £5 Voucher
Every month we give you the chance to win a £5 voucher to spend with us at The Cooking Plumber. All you have to do is share a photo of a dish that you've made using one of our products on social media, naming the product and tagging @thecookingplumber. You will then be automatically entered into the draw at the end of that month.